LIFEGUARD – Mentorship program designed to guard the social & emotional (S&E) lives of men directly and mankind entirely. We provide “Life support” via inspirational public talks, private consultations and group sessions.
- LIFEGUARD/Mentors – will intentionally target men of every age demographic who are discouraged and in need of “Life support”.
- LIFEGUARD’s are uniquely and sufficiently equipped to provide social & emotional “Life support” to young boys specifically and others in general.
- LIFEGUARD’s teach others how to tell their story, because they have learned how to effectively tell their own tale.
- LIFEGUARD’s are charged to use their gifts, their skill and their power to intentionally repower others they discover in despair.
LIFEGUARD/Mentorship Basic Certification: We certify men 18 years of age and older.
The Basic Certification equips candidates with tools to provide “Life support” to humanity at large. LIFEGUARD’s empower men through effective engagement, encouragement and equipment. Using a strength-based approach, we meet men where they are, to bring them further… Reflective exercises built into our curriculum serves to remind men of their story (how they got here), help them rediscover their power and once “repowered”, reconnect that “power” back into their world.
LIFEGUARD/Mentorship Basic Certification
In the Basic certification course we cover a number of vital competencies that our candidates learn during their time with us. The instructional time for each segment depends on a variety of factors included but not limited to the amount of time/budget available to facilitate the material. Average total time per segment is between 6-8 classroom hours in length.
– will expose the men to their financial health and wellness. And will expose them to economic and entrepreneurial opportunities that provide them places & spaces to connect & invest.
– will expose the men to the subject of their overall health, not only/but including the subject of mental health. We will also introduce them to alternative therapeutic treatments.
– will remind the men of their significance in the life of their children and any child to which they may be assigned.
– will expose the men to their culture; give them a greater appreciation for it and for its significance in learning.
– will expose men to the benefits of learning and being in nature.
– exposes men to the latest science regarding trauma, stress and its potential impact on learning and relationships.
– exposes men to their hormonal realities during adolescence, social realities and challenges in building relationships.
– this challenges men to embrace their innate gifts and talents and to recognize these gifts as their strengths.
– teaches men about themselves and their child’s development (protecting and respecting the womb).
– teaches men how important it is to feel, which is at the foundation of all learning (“I feel therefore I learn” – Immordino Yang).
– allows the men to see how they got here, politically.
– reveals the importance of everyone’s story and shows men how to most effectively tell theirs.